Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pit Bulls

So, my nephew bought a pit bull he named Jade. It irks me for ppl to buy animals they have no intentions of taking care of. In his case he thought it would make him cool. Although at this point I'm not sure anything could accomplish that!! lol Anyway, after discovering he couldn't take care of her he wanted to throw her away. So, being the animal lover I am I told him to bring her to me. I've never really liked pit bulls and I heard all the stories and made my assumptions about how they are dangerous animals that should be banned!!! There was even a postal worker who was attacked twice by the same pit bull who ended up retiring due to his injuries the second time. Some stupid owner who didn't want to take responsibility for his animal. Damn thing crashed threw a truck window to attack the carrier!! Then I started watching the Dog Whisperer. The brilliance of Cesar Milan and his rehabilitation of pit bulls. So, I wanted to give Jade a chance. She is 8 months old and a typical puppy. She chews and plays and was actually pretty docile. I currently have a German pinscher named Kaiba. (bigger than a miniature and smaller than a full doby) They got along okay. Until yesterday. I was bringing them in the house and I wanted to wipe their paws before they came in so they didn't get mud everywhere. Well Kaiba snipped at Jade and that's all it took. She went off baring her teeth, growling, hackles raised, the whole nine. She grabbed him up in her powerful jaws and shook him like a chew toy. I kicked her as hard as I could and she didn't even feel it. At that point I was afraid for myself because what if she turned her attention on me? I live alone and no one would know I was broke til my sister came over to see why I wasn't at work! Finally, she tried to get a better grip on him and he slipped away. He ran down the hall and got under my bed where she couldn't get to him. Then when she could no longer get to him her rage was erased, just that quick and she was wagging her tail at me ready for me to love her. It was crazy how quick she turned not only to the violent side but back to her docile side. Kaiba barely nipped at her and she was a raging maw of teeth. Then when he was out of sight she was happy go lucky Jade again. I can't make myself blame her fully. I mean let's face it; that's what she was bred for. To fight in a pit with a bull for the entertainment of sadistic humans for the almighty buck!! Ppl like Michael Vick who make this crazy (can u really call it a sport) hmmm... recreation (for lack of a better word) popular. I'm glad you went to jail for that you piece of crap!! However, it doesn't help my Kaiba who is laying in his crate with two broken ribs, muscle tearing and damage, and a hole in his chest now does it??? I made my nephew take her back. Believe it or not I still think Jade is a good dog. She just isn't able to be in a family with multiple animals, or kids, or older ppl. All I can say is lesson learned. No more pit bulls for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment